CertificationFellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
Profile Views: 530
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact Robert Shenker MD
50 Albert St., Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3S2 - Canada
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Dr. Robert Shenker’s passion is helping people to enhance their own natural looks, a passion he pursues as one of the leading plastic surgeons in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery and body contouring procedures, Dr. Shenker spearheaded the establishment of a regional plastic surgery practice that serves Cambridge and the Tri-City area with excellence and efficiency.
Dr. Shenker’s impressive medical education and advanced surgical training established the foundation of his successful plastic surgery practice. A Montreal native, Dr. Shenker completed his undergraduate science degree at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. He earned his medical degree from the University of Toronto, where he also completed his plastic surgery residency. Other educational and training highlights include: Completing the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons’ Surgical Scientist Program, Master’s Degree in surgical wound healing and Fellowship training in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery at University of British Columbia.
Dr. Shenker currently serves as an adjunct professor at McMaster University and Head of Surgery at Cambridge Memorial Hospital.
Awards & Honors
- Honourable Mention — Gallie-Bateman Resident Research Award, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- Outstanding Resident Teaching — St. Michael’s Hospital
- Best Basic Science Paper — University of Toronto Division of Plastic Surgery Resident Research Day
- Best Basic Science Paper — Hospital for Sick Children Department of Surgery Research Competition
- Best Basic Science Paper (Resident category) — Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting
- Research Fellowship — Hospital for Sick Children
- Medical Society Award — University of Toronto
- Lange Medical Book Award — University of Toronto
- Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award — Outstanding voluntary service, University of Toronto
- Mary L. Cassidy Award — Outstanding contribution to extra-curricular activities, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Harry Whittaker Award — Providing practical, sensitive and friendly guidance for classmates and demonstrating concern for student welfare (voted by the class of University of Toronto)
- Dr. James McSherry Award — Outstanding dedication to the Queen’s University First Aid Unit
Procedures performed by Robert Shenker MD
- Acne Treatments
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants)
- Dermal Fillers (Soft Tissue Fillers)
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping)
- Eyelash Enhancement (Eyelash Lengthening)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- IPL / Photorejuvenation (Intense Pulsed Light or Photo Facial)
- Laser Hair Removal (Light Based Hair Removal and Laser Hair Reduction)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (Skin Resurfacing and Fractional Resurfacing)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Microdermabrasion (Microderm)
- Nonsurgical Fat Reduction (Noninvasive Body Contouring or CoolSculpting)
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Upper Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Vaginal Rejuvenation (Female Genital Plastic Surgery or Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery)