CertificationFellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
Profile Views: 576
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact Nicholas Carr MD
3568-3578 West 41 Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V6N 3E6 - Canada
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Dr. Nick Carr is a leading Vancouver specialist in cosmetic plastic surgery and has been certified as a plastic surgeon by the Fellow of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons of Canada since 1990. After graduating from UBC with the highest honours in his medical school class, he completed a fellowship year at renowned Harvard Medical School. His commitment to teaching plastic surgery has paralleled his thriving clinical practice; beginning with his appointment as Director of Vancouver General Hospital Plastic Surgery Unit, followed by Program Director of the UBC Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program and finally, as the Head of Plastic Surgery at UBC; a position he has now held for close to a decade. Distinguished for his technical skills and problem-solving capabilities, Dr. Carr is often the “go-to” plastic surgeon in tertiary care and complex cosmetic cases.
After more than 20 years in practice, Dr. Carr is one of Vancouver’s most experienced cosmetic plastic surgeons, specializing in breast, tummy and advanced facial techniques. Dr. Carr has performed hundreds of breast augmentations in his career and is renowned for his pioneer work with endoscopic and minimal incision techniques. Dr. Carr uniquely combines his technical expertise developed over decades with artistic visions to create a safe, natural-looking, esthetically-pleasing outcome for his patients.
Dr. Carr has been credited as one of Canada’s Top Cosmetic Surgeons, and he was peer chosen in 2007-2008 as one of “The Best Doctors in Canada”.
Background & Certification
- Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Northwest Society of Plastic Surgery
- International Confederation of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Honours BSc in Biology, University of British Columbia - MD, University of British Columbia - Gold Medal for highest ranking at graduation - Post-Graduate Fellowship - Subspecialty training in hand and microsurgery at Harvard University - I.B. Holubitsky Memorial Award (1990) - for student with qualities of surgical excellence - Department of Surgery Post Graduate Training - Master Teacher Award in Surgery (1996-1997)
Procedures performed by Nicholas Carr MD
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Chemical Peel (Light Chemical Peels and Deep Chemical Peels)
- Dermal Fillers (Soft Tissue Fillers)
- Eyelash Enhancement (Eyelash Lengthening)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- IPL / Photorejuvenation (Intense Pulsed Light or Photo Facial)
- Laser Facial Resurfacing
- Laser Hair Removal (Light Based Hair Removal and Laser Hair Reduction)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (Skin Resurfacing and Fractional Resurfacing)
- Lip Enhancement (Lip Injections and Lip Augmentation)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty or Cervicoplasty)
- Nonsurgical Fat Reduction (Noninvasive Body Contouring or CoolSculpting)
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Scar Revision
- Spider Vein Treatment (Sclerotherapy and Laser Vein Treatment)
- Tattoo Removal (Laser Tattoo Removal and Body Art Removal)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)