CertificationAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 343
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact Adam Lowenstein, MD
1722 State Street, Suite 101, Santa Barbara, California 93101 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Originally from the Washington, D.C. area, Dr. Lowenstein began his medical involvement participating in research in pediatric trauma at the Children’s National Medical Center. He was first published at the age of 21. Dr. Lowenstein then studied molecular biology at the University of Wisconsin, and subsequently attended the prestigious University of North Carolina School of Medicine where he received his medical degree. Following eleven years of postgraduate training in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts, Dr. Lowenstein attained board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has, in fact, been double-boarded with additional certification from The American Board of Surgery. After spending six years practicing as a Plastic Surgeon in Denver, Colorado, Dr. Lowenstein moved to Santa Barbara.
Dr. Lowenstein’s plastic surgery experience ranges from aesthetic surgeries of the face, breast, and body, to microvascular reconstruction of severe cancer deformities; from breast reconstruction to cosmetic and functional reconstruction of congenital deformities including the separation of conjoined twins. In the national forum, Dr. Lowenstein is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and has served on the Board of Directors of that organization. His presentations at the annual ASPS National Meeting have been highly regarded and one of the most well attended sessions. Dr. Lowenstein is further involved with the American College of Surgeons, as well as local associations of plastic surgery.
Dr. Lowenstein feels that giving back to the specialty through sharing of knowledge and experience is one of his most significant responsibilities. You should expect your consultation with Dr. Lowenstein to be comfortable, informative, and respectful. The operative experience will follow through with these ideals, and the team approach of his office and operative staff will allow you to be confident that you are getting only the highest level of care.
Dr. Lowenstein is married and has both a daughter and son. Spending time with his family is his priority outside of being a plastic surgeon in Santa Barbara. When he can find the time, Dr. Lowenstein enjoys road cycling and mountain biking, as well as cooking (and eating).
Procedures performed by Adam Lowenstein, MD
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Breast Revision (Breast Implant Replacement Surgery)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Dermal Fillers (Soft Tissue Fillers)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants (Chin Implants or Cheek Implants)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Nonsurgical Fat Reduction (Noninvasive Body Contouring or CoolSculpting)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)