CertificationAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 459
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact Michael Brown MD
45155 Research Place, Suite 125, Ashburn, Virginia 20147 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Dr. Michael J. Brown is a happily married family man, with two awesome kids. He is a compassionate person. He is a board certified plastic surgeon. His practice is in the Washington DC metroplex, with offices in Arlington, VA and Ashburn, VA. He also has a satellite office in Richmond, VA.
Dr. Brown takes pride and strives daily to provide the care that is required to meet his patient’s goals.After learning as much as he can about his patient’s concerns, he and his staff develop a multidimensional, customized plan that is specifically designed to assist in achieving the patient’s goals.
Dr. Brown’s attention to detail sets him apart. His primary interests are in cosmetic surgery of the breast, face, and body. He is most noted for his aesthetic cosmetic breast surgery and facial rejuvenation plastic surgery techniques. He has a particular interest in the correction of previous cosmetic plastic surgery, mostly involving the breast and face. He has dedicated his plastic surgery career to the primary practice area of aesthetic plastic surgery. He believes that surgery intervention is not always the first step in rejuvenation, but rather one component of his multifaceted approach. If there are other modalities that will produce the desired result, then he will recommend those over surgery. In short, simpler is better. As both a cosmetic surgeon and reconstructive plastic surgeon, he stresses this during his consultations.
Dr. Michael J. Brown is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Northern Virginia. His plastic surgery certification is from The American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc. He completed his plastic surgery residency at the Brown University Integrated Program In Plastic Surgery , in Providence, Rhode Island, at the Rhode Island Hospital. Dr. Brown, was invited into that plastic surgery program taking an accelerated track position while a general surgery resident. His general surgery prerequisite training experiences were also at the Brown University School of Medicine’s affiliate hospitals, Harvard University Medical School’s affiliate hospitals, and the University of Texas Medical School’s affiliate hospitals. He graduated from medical school at the University of Miami School of Medicine.
Dr. Michael J. Brown is an active member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), The National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons (NCSPS), The Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons, and The Medical Society of Virginia. He has been an active committee member for the The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He has been elected by the local plastic surgeons of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC to the Executive Board of The National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons and served as the President of that society. Dr. Michael J. Brown is also a recipient of the American Medical Association’s Physician’s Recognition Award. He has been listed as one of the Top Plastic Surgeons in US every year since 1996 by the Consumer Research Council. Dr. Michael J. Brown has been voted a Top Plastic Surgeons in Virginia and Top Doctors in Virginia by Northern Virginia Magazine multiple years. He was voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Virginia by Virginia Living Magazine in 2012 and 2013. He has been honored as an invited speaker both locally and nationally, interviewed and featured in local and national magazines and is a published author. Dr Michael J. Brown has also served on the editorial board of a cosmetic surgery magazine.
Procedures performed by Michael Brown MD
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Buttock Lift (Butt Lift or Gluteoplasty)
- Collagen Injections
- Dermal Fillers (Soft Tissue Fillers)
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Fat Transfer (Fat Grafting or Fat Injection)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- IPL / Photorejuvenation (Intense Pulsed Light or Photo Facial)
- Laser Facial Resurfacing
- Laser Hair Removal (Light Based Hair Removal and Laser Hair Reduction)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (Skin Resurfacing and Fractional Resurfacing)
- Lip Enhancement (Lip Injections and Lip Augmentation)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Lower Body Lift (Belt Lipectomy)
- Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty or Cervicoplasty)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Spider Vein Treatment (Sclerotherapy and Laser Vein Treatment)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Upper Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Upper Body Lift (Body Lift or Back Lift)