CertificationAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 510
Phone: (502) 895-5850
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact John Derr MD
4001 Kresge Way, Suite 320, Louisville, Kentucky 40207 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Before becoming one of Louisville’s finest plastic surgeons, Dr. John Derr received his BA from Ohio Wesleyan University, attended Duke University to study anatomy, and received his M.D. from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He completed residencies in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan.
His post-graduate work included a fellowship in microsurgery at the University of Louisville, Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery; and a cosmetic surgery fellowship with Drs. Baker, Gordon, and Stuzin in Miami, Florida.
Dr. Derr joined the full-time faculty at the University of Louisville School of Medicine as an Assistant Professor in Surgery (Plastic) in 1990 and continued until he chose to become a private plastic surgeon in Louisville in 1995. He continues to hold the position of Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Louisville, where he participates in the education of residents in the plastic surgery program.
Dr. Derr is also renowned for laser surgery (facial resurfacing, spider vein treatment, and tattoo removal) and skin care (Obagi® and Glytone®, BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers (fat injections, Radiesse™ and Restylane®).
Dr. John Derr is a diplomat of the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Derr’s regional affiliations include the Southeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgeons, where he formerly served as President. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Procedures performed by John Derr MD
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants)
- Eyelash Enhancement (Eyelash Lengthening)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)