CertificationAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 653
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact James Blackburn MD
001 Squalicum Pkwy, Suite 5, Bellingham, Washington 98225 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Dr. James Howell Blackburn II earned his medical degree from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1991. Shortly after his graduation, he was awarded his Pennsylvania medical license. In 1998, Dr. Blackburn was issued a medical license in Kentucky, and in 1999 he received a medical license from the State of Washington. He became Board Certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons in 2006 and was accepted as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) in October of 2008
During his medical career, Dr. Blackburn has held several internships, residencies, and fellowships with the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center at Pennsylvania State University in Hershey, Pennsylvania. From 1991 to 1992, Dr. Blackburn held an internship in general surgery with the Department of Surgery; from 1992 to 1994, Dr. Blackburn held a clinical and research fellow in pediatric surgery; from 1994 to 1996, he held a residency in general surgery; and from 1996 to 1998, Dr. Blackburn held a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
In March of 1998, Dr. Blackburn was a Visiting Fellow with Hand and Microsurgery at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. In April of that same year, Dr. Blackburn was a Visiting Fellow with Hand and Microsurgery at St. Luke’s Hospital in Sydney, Australia. From 1998 to 1999, Dr. Blackburn was a Clinical Fellow in Hand and Microsurgery with the University of Louisville Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
In 2004, Dr. Blackburn was appointed as Chair of the Department of Surgery at St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, Washington and will hold the appointment through 2006. Additional St. Joseph Hospital appointments include: Chairman of the Committee on Surgical Privileges, Vice Chair of the Department of Surgery from 2003 to 2007, and a staff appointment in 1999.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Blackburn was awarded a Ballantine Research Fellow in Pediatric Surgery from 1992 to 1994 and a Louisiana State University Board of Supervisors Scholarship from 1990 to 1991.
Dr. Blackburn is a member of the Northwest Society of Plastic Surgery, the Whatcom County Medical Society, the Washington State Medical Society, and the Washington Society of Plastic Surgery.
Undergraduate Degree and Additional Information
Dr. Blackburn received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Blackburn served his country in the military for several years and received many honors, including a National Defense Medal in 1991.
Procedures performed by James Blackburn MD
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Breast Revision (Breast Implant Replacement Surgery)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants)
- Buttock Lift (Butt Lift or Gluteoplasty)
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping)
- Eyelash Enhancement (Eyelash Lengthening)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants (Chin Implants or Cheek Implants)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty or Cervicoplasty)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)