CertificationAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 448
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact Henry Wells MD
135 East Maxwell St., Suite 402, Lexington, Kentucky 40508 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Good results and happy patients are what motivate Dr. Henry Wells. He is best known for breast surgery and the “Mommy Makeover”, which focuses on breast and abdominal contour surgery. Throughout his career, he has done both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, though his practice focuses primarily on cosmetic procedures.
He is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and the prestigious American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Dr. Wells graduated from the UNC-Chapel Hill and received his medical degree from the University of Kentucky. He completed his plastic surgery training at the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1984 where he was an Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery. He returned to Kentucky in 1988 to enter private practice and to be near his family after the birth of his first son.
Dr. Wells has held leadership positions in the Fayette County Medical Society and the University of Kentucky Medical School Alumni Association. Additionally, he has been on the board of the Susan Komen Foundation of Lexington, The Rolex Three Day Event and is Past President of the Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgeons.
On the personal side Dr. Wells is an artist, even studying art in graduate school where he considered becoming a medical illustrator before he entered medical school. Now Dr. Wells translates his talents into sculpting and enhancing the human body. He loves to travel and enjoys outdoor sports – like scuba diving, kayaking, shooting and golf – and his curious nature constantly finds him trying out a new adventure. His other passion is working on vintage cars and motorcycles.
Dr. Wells’ wife is his partner in the practice as well as in life. Susan Meers Wells RN, MS, CANS manages the Wells Skin Care program and most of their non-surgical services. They have two sons living on opposite coasts.
Procedures performed by Henry Wells MD
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Breast Revision (Breast Implant Replacement Surgery)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants)
- Buttock Lift (Butt Lift or Gluteoplasty)
- Cellulite Treatment (Cellulite Reduction)
- Chemical Peel (Light Chemical Peels and Deep Chemical Peels)
- Dermabrasion (Dermaplaning or Dermablading)
- Dermal Fillers (Soft Tissue Fillers)
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping)
- Eyelash Enhancement (Eyelash Lengthening)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants (Chin Implants or Cheek Implants)
- Fat Transfer (Fat Grafting or Fat Injection)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- IPL / Photorejuvenation (Intense Pulsed Light or Photo Facial)
- Laser Facial Resurfacing
- Laser Hair Removal (Light Based Hair Removal and Laser Hair Reduction)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (Skin Resurfacing and Fractional Resurfacing)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty or Cervicoplasty)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)