CertificationAmerican Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 390
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact David Caplin MD
845 N New Ballas Rd, St. Louis, Missouri 63141 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
Dr. David Caplin, a board-certified plastic surgeon, is a native of New York City. He received his undergraduate degree with Honors from Kenyon College and his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati, where he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the National Medical Honor Society. He completed his training in general surgery at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and his residency in plastic surgery at Barnes Hospital. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Caplin has extensive experience in facial cosmetic surgery as well as all aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast. His specific interest in breast surgery has led to his involvement in numerous national studies to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of new implants, particularly the Mentor MemoryShape (CPG). Patients commonly refer to these as Gummy Bear Implants and Dr. Caplin was one of the two highest volume users of these implants in the United States during the MemoryShape clinical trials.
Additionally, he specializes in liposuction and body contouring. He also performs a variety of other less invasive procedures including endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, SmartLipo laser-assisted liposuction and fat grafting for facial rejuvenation and correction of breast deformities, Dr. Caplin’s practice attracts patients both nationally and internationally.
Area of Specialty/Concentration
<p>Dr. Caplin has been a principal clinical investigator for the MemoryShape (CPG) Cohesive Gel implant since 2002 and has one of the longest and largest clinical experiences with this procedure in North America. With the FDA approval of the Allergan 410 implants he becomes one of the few surgeons in the country who can offer the Allergan 410 implants, the Sientra implants as well as all of the styles of the Memoryshape (CPG) implants to his patients. Additionally, Dr. Caplin co-authored a paper defining the initial 6-year clinical experience with these implants in the United States, which documented the safety and effectiveness of these implants. He also has several more journal articles and textbook contributions pending publication. Dr. Caplin has been chosen as a principal investigator for an upcoming clinical trial utilizing a size-adjustable silicone gel implant. The size of the implant can be increased or decreased simply by injecting small volumes of saline in the office. These implants have been used extensively in other countries with great success. For more information regarding this implant, or any of the other implant studies in which Dr. Caplin is an investigator, please contact the office. At The Parkcrest Plastic Surgery office, Dr. David A. Caplin, Dr. Melvin Maclin, and Dr. Patricia McGuire offer plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients across Eastern Missouri including St. Charles, Chesterfield, O’Fallon, St. Peters, and Creve Coeur. Contact the Parkcrest Plastic Surgery office today to schedule your consultation!</p>
Procedures performed by David Caplin MD
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Breast Revision (Breast Implant Replacement Surgery)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Chemical Peel (Light Chemical Peels and Deep Chemical Peels)
- Dermabrasion (Dermaplaning or Dermablading)
- Dermal Fillers (Soft Tissue Fillers)
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants (Chin Implants or Cheek Implants)
- Gynecomastia Treatment (Male Breast Reduction)
- IPL / Photorejuvenation (Intense Pulsed Light or Photo Facial)
- Laser Hair Removal (Light Based Hair Removal and Laser Hair Reduction)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (Skin Resurfacing and Fractional Resurfacing)
- Lip Enhancement (Lip Injections and Lip Augmentation)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Microdermabrasion (Microderm)
- Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty or Cervicoplasty)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Smart Lipo
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Upper Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Upper Body Lift (Body Lift or Back Lift)