CertificationAmerican Board of Otolaryngology American Board of Plastic Surgery
Profile Views: 495
Email: Click here to send a message
Contact Alfonso Barrera MD
915 Gessner, Suite 825, Houston, Texas 77024 - United States
Please enter your contact information in the boxes provided.
To prevent fraud, these will be used by CosMedicList to verify your identity.
If you are claiming a profile on behalf of a surgeon, CosMedicList will contact them to confirm your association.
– Dr. Barrera is Vice-President of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons.
– He has been in private practice as a plastic surgeon in Houston since 1985 and is dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in plastic surgery and hair transplantation.
– Dr. Barrera is certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
– Dr. Barrera is a former president of the Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons.
– He served as chairman of the Plastic Surgery Section-Department of Surgery at Memorial Hospital, Memorial City in Houston from 2004-2008 and also as a member of the Executive Committee of Memorial Herman – Memorial City Hospital 2004-2008.
– Additionally Dr. Barrera was invited to served on the Executive Committee of The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for several years.
– Dr. Barrera has written extensively in national scientific journals in plastic surgery, and by invitation has authored multiple chapters in textbooks in plastic surgery and authored a textbook on hair transplantation.
– He is frequently invited as a speaker to plastic surgery symposiums and meetings nationally and internationally.
– Dr. Barrera has been a contributor and innovator in the advancement of plastic surgery particularly in hair transplantation and facelift surgery.
– Dr. Barrera performs most of his surgeries at his own “state of the art” Accredited Ambulatory Surgical Facility, within his office (AAAASF).
– Dr. Barrera performs all his aesthetic surgeries under IV sedation and local anesthesia or Total Intravenous Anesthesia (TIVA), without the need for the use of general anesthesia gases. This provides the patient with added safety and comfort, as well as a faster recovery. Generally, his patients are able to go home the same day with minimal discomfort.
– Dr. Barrera did 7 years of post-graduate surgical training in surgery and otolaryngology – head and neck surgery, as well as plastic surgery in some of the most prestigious training programs in the nation including Methodist Hospital in Dallas, TX (1978-1980), Harvard Medical School Teaching Hospitals in Boston, MA (1980-1983), and St. Joseph Hospital in Houston, TX (1983-1985).
– Many of Dr. Barrera’s patients travel to Houston from other states or from abroad, including Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Asia, India, Turkey, Korea, etc. All of these patients are referred by word of mouth from plastic surgery colleagues or former patients.
– Dr. Barrera has participated in numerous charity missions to Latin America to perform surgery on indigent children with birth defects such as cleft lip and cleft palate.
Procedures performed by Alfonso Barrera MD
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation, Mammaplasty, Breast Enlargement or Breast Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy and Breast Lift Surgery)
- Breast Reconstruction (Reconstructive Mammaplasty or Postmastectomy Surgery)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Breast Revision (Breast Implant Replacement Surgery)
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift or Browplasty)
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping)
- Eyelid Surgery (Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Implants (Chin Implants or Cheek Implants)
- Hair Replacement Surgery
- Hair Restoration Medications
- Zerona Laser Liposuction
- Hair Transplantation (Hair Restoration and Hair Replacement Surgery)
- Laser Hair Removal (Light Based Hair Removal and Laser Hair Reduction)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (Skin Resurfacing and Fractional Resurfacing)
- Lip Enhancement (Lip Injections and Lip Augmentation)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty and Body Contouring Surgery)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping or Nose Job)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Upper Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)