Laser Scientific sells aesthetic laser equipment, provides repair services and manufactures replacement parts for aesthetic lasers.
At Laser Scientific, we specialize in designing, engineering, and manufacturing high performance laser components, replacement parts and accessories for a variety of cosmetic lasers. In addition, we provide nation-wide service and global sales and support. Our customers include physicians, estheticians, engineers, and medspa owners. Our development efforts are focused on reengineering some of the laser parts known to have high failure rates.
In addition to servicing and providing parts, Laser Scientific buys and sells both new and previously owned cosmetic lasers. Trades, rentals, and payment plans are also available to our customers looking to expand service offerings or upgrade their current machines.
Laser Scientific dispatches Field Service Engineers nation-wide for on-site repair of laser equipment. As Laser Scientific also manufactures and inventories most repair parts for Candela and Cynosure systems, our parts distribution team can have repair parts at your office location the next morning, enabling our Field Service Engineers to repair your laser with minimal downtime.
Our staff of Field Service Engineers have years of experience working on these laser platforms. We will fully explain any and all failures and operational problems encountered with your system. This is very important beyond just the repair, but also to prevent future failures. If your current medical laser repair technician cannot or will not provide this information, you should seriously consider another medical laser field service company to take over this task.
Laser equipment must be properly installed to meet your expectations of trouble-free use. Installation includes proper power facilitation within your office. As power and facilities requirements for lasers differ according to make and model, installation must meet the manufacturer’s specification and that of your facility’s AC power network.
In addition to AC power requirements, following transport, laser equipment usually requires precision alignment. The procedures must be consistent with the manufacturer’s requirements. Failing to perform these tasks properly can limit performance or it can lead to troublesome operation.
Laser systems are typically unpacked and installed for the first time by our certified Field Service Engineer. With adequate understanding of the installation requirements, your site can be prepared before installation of your new laser system.
For a given laser system this may include some of all of the following:
- Facility requirements including power and cooling water.
- Suggested relative setup orientations for major laser system components.
- Specifications for external interlock circuits.
- Specifications for external computer control.
Laser Scientific offers three levels of Service Plans to keep your aesthetic laser equipment operating at peak performance, per the manufacturer’s specifications and procedures. Choose the coverage level that is comfortable for you.
- Silver Service Plan covers two preventative maintenance (PM) services calls for your equipment. This will aid in keeping your assets in proper working order, per the manufacturers specifications.
- Gold Service Plan also comes with two scheduled preventative maintenance (PM) services calls and covers all labor and travel on additional service related to proper operation. You are only responsible for the replacement parts cost as required.
- Platinum Service Plan covers all components and subsystems of the laser chassis, including two scheduled preventative maintenance (PM) services calls, all labor and travel and replacement part cost to maintain proper operation. Platinum covers all labor, travel and comes with two scheduled preventative maintenance service calls (PMs) per year.