PicoSure by Cynosure uses cutting-edge technology to efficiently remove tattoos, and rejuvenate the skin. PicoSure produces consistent, long lasting results, and the picosecond technology makes it the fastest cosmetic laser available today. Would you like to know if PicoSure is right for you? Let’s take a look at the best questions to ask a cosmetic surgeon before PicoSure procedure.
What Can PicoSure Be Used to Treat?
PicoSure is a picosecond laser that delivers ultra-short bursts of picosecond energy, which penetrate the skin in trillionths of a second. The short pulses delivered by the PicoSure laser work rapidly and effectively to remove unwanted tattoos, and also to resurface the skin.
- Tattoo Removal: Before PicoSure, the Q-switched lasers were considered the gold standard for tattoo removal. However, PicoSure is able to clear tattoos with fewer treatments, and has a shorter recovery time. Tattoo removal with PicoSure requires fewer treatments, because the picosecond technology is more effective in fragmenting the tattoo particles. PicoSure can also clear colors such as blue and green, which have traditionally been resistant to treatment using nanosecond lasers.
- Skin Rejuvenation: PicoSure is also a very effective skin resurfacing tool, which makes it great for skin rejuvenation. It can be used to treat wrinkles, acne scars, brown spots, age spots, and skin laxity. The PicoSure pulse stimulates the body’s natural collagen, and also rejuvenates the skin cells. It is an effective way to revitalize the appearance of the skin on the face and neck.
Best Questions to Ask a Cosmetic Surgeon Before PicoSure:
- How does PicoSure eliminate tattoos? The short pulses emitted by the PicoSure laser target the tattoo ink, shattering it into tiny particles. The bits of ink are then metabolized, before eventually being eliminated by the body.
- Are PicoSure laser tattoo treatments painful? The treatment is not considered painful, but there is still some degree of discomfort. Most patients do not need any anesthetic, but topical numbing cream and ice packs are used to help relieve any discomfort.
- How many treatments do I need? The number of treatments for tattoo removal is influenced by several factors including the colors, size of the tattoo, and level of ink involved. Some clients may need 2 to 3 treatments, while others may need up to 6 treatments.
- How long does a treatment session last? This varies depending on the size of the tattoo, and can last anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes.
- What type of results can I expect? PicoSure can significantly fade tattoos, up to 90% in many cases, but this is influenced by factors such as the type of tattoo ink and how much was used.
- How does PicoSure improve skin texture and tone? PicoSure is also equipped with a FOCUS lens array handpiece that is specially designed for skin rejuvenation. The laser delivers ultra-short pulses that penetrate to the dermal layer of the skin. The highly focused fractional energy then works to regenerate collagen and elastin. This has the effect of making the skin firmer over time.
- Are PicoSure Skin rejuvenation treatments painful? PicoSure is a gentle treatment, and the short pulses of energy delivered significantly reduce any discomfort. Most patients need an ice pack to soothe the treated areas.
- How many treatments do I need? Skin rejuvenation with PicoSure typically takes about 3 to 4 treatments, but will depend on the skin improvement you wish to achieve.
- How long does a treatment session last? PicoSure skin resurfacing takes 15-20 minutes to complete.
- What can I expect after treatment? There may be some redness after treatment, but this typically only lasts for a few hours, so there is very little downtime. Most patients notice an immediate improvement in the clarity of their skin. PicoSure makes the skin smoother, improves skin pigmentation, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Contact the Langdon Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, Guilford, Connecticut, for more information on PicoSure procedures. Call 844-551-9880 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Robert Langdon. During consultation Dr. Langdon will evaluate your skin, and determine if PicoSure is the laser that best suits your needs.
Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.