CosMedicList logo Your one stop shop for cosmetic enhancement

What is the Best way to get rid of enlarged pores?

Question posted by @JusticeSadie from Calgary /Toronto

I have a few that are quite noticeable and literally look like piercing holes but they are not.

Doctor's Response

Are you a plastic surgeon? Sign In or Register to answer.

2 thoughts on “What is the Best way to get rid of enlarged pores?

  • Dear JusticeSadie,

    Enlarged pores particular in the T-Zone can be quite aesthetically displeasing.  As you mentioned it can look like traumatic or inflammatory defects or even piercings.  Complete correction eradication of pores is rarely possible, but with newer techniques such as fractional lasers, fractional radio frequency needling devices and soft tissue heating and tightening techniques pores can be greatly eliminated.  Most of these treatments are performed under local anesthesia and have very little downtime and can be quite affordable.  Usually a series of treatments require between three and five to achieve between 30-80% pore reduction.

    Combination therapies usually require to diminish the appearance of the pore and tighten the facial skin surrounding the pores to create a smoother topography.

    I’m sure you can achieve a nice aesthetic improvement in your pores and best of luck.

    I hope this information has been of some assistance.

    For more information, please review our fractional lasers page.

    If you’d like to undergo a complimentary SpaMedica consultation please simply call (416) 922-2868 and one of our client service representatives will assist you or visit us at our website at

    R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.

    Certified Plastic Surgeon

    Yorkville, Toronto

  • Enlarged pores are very difficult to treat. If there are a lot I use a laser like Clear&Brilliant to help but the results are not dramatic. If there are a few very large ones sometimes using a strong acid like TCA can be placed in the center to shrink them. This is very specialized so make sure you seek treatment from someone who is a specialist and has experience with this.

Additional Information

Chemical Peel (Light Chemical Peels and Deep Chemical Peels)

Read about the procedure

Filter By Category

Recently Answered